Friday, October 02, 2009

Business Intelligence: Fraud Detection in a Life Insurance Company Using Data Mining..

That (the subject) is the topic of a project I need to write. It looks like a big deal to me, since my knowledge of SQL is very basic, but from all that I have read, it looks like the key to this is SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). Within the next one week, I will really put some time into this and make sure I get what I need to do in clear outlines.

I'v got 3 great books I am tearing into for this: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 All In One Reference For Dummies (well, am still a little bit of a dummy in this), Delivering Business Intelligence with SQL Server 2008, and Smart Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008. Between this great books, I just shouldn't go wrong.

I got the source database and today, I will try and identify the table so I know where the data to use are. That shouldn't be so difficult since I have full access (I think) to the original software developer and the rapport is ok. I will keep the blog posted on my progress.

1 comment:

Life Insurance said...

This is very useful! SQL Server 2008 is very simple to use and it's userfriendly. I am using this since I started my business.